Description of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
The Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 is the successor to the Wagner Flexio W 867 E
The Universal Sprayer W 890 set includes:
- Free 60 cm handle extension to reach high ceilings and walls
- Free attachments [reservoirs] for the application of interior emulsion paint, lacquers, stains and varnishes
Key features of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890
- For small projects such as one or two walls, doors or window frames
- Versatile - can be used for many jobs in and around the house
- Easy to clean
- Little overspray when using HVLP technique (low pressure)
- Adjustable spray gun for perfect alignment on the job
- Processes most paints undiluted
- Suitable for water and solvent based wood & metal and wall & ceiling paints
- Convenient storage case
General features of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890
The versatile Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 is especially suitable for consumers working on smaller projects. Think of painting individual walls, garage doors or refurbishing furniture.
The main feature of the Universal Sprayer W 890 is that you work with attachments. The 1300 ml reservoir for wall & ceiling paint i.e. emulsion paint and 600 ml reservoir for wood & metal paint ideal for completing small paint projects quickly and easily. Each fully-filled reservoir is good for approximately 6-10 m².
Cleaning the Universal Sprayer W 890 is a simple operation because the attachment [reservoir] is the only component that needs to be cleaned. This is the only part that comes into contact with the paint (in contrast to airless paint sprayers). The new and extremely powerful turbine fitted into the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 allows you to spray most paints without the need for thinners. Previously, paint always required thinning in order to be applied with a paint sprayer.
Paint spraying techniques
There are two main paint spraying techniques: Airless and high volume low pressure (HVLP). The Universal Sprayer W 890 belongs to the HVLP category.
Without going into technical details, the main differences that are relevant to you are as follows.
The advantages of HVLP compared to Airless:
- Less overspray
- Faster setup and cleaning
- Ideal for small projects
The disadvantages of HVLP compared to Airless:
- Spray pattern is not as smooth as Airless but still significantly better than brush/roller
- A reservoir filled with paint can weigh 1-2 kg
- Not suitable for large wall projects (greater than 80 m²)
Related products include
- Airless Sprayer Plus
- Wagner ProjectPro 117
- Universal Sprayer W 990
Examples of interior projects:
Walls, ceilings, radiators, model construction, wooden toys, (wicker) furniture, doors, window frames.
Examples of exterior projects:
Bicycles, boats, garage doors, garden sheds, garden furniture, fences (wood and/or metal), plant protection, overhanging roofs (for example, eaves).
Materials that can be processed with the Universal Sprayer W 890:
- All types of dispersion paint and emulsion paint dilutable with water
- All types of lacquer and glaze, either solvent or water-based paints
Contents of the package
- Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890, item number: 2361551
- 1300 ml Wall EXTRA I-Spray attachment, item number: 2301746
- 600 ml Standard attachment, item number: 2309365
- 60 cm handle extension, item number: 2361756
- Convenient storage case for paint sprayer and accessories
Specifications of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- G - 3 pin, British
- 230 Volt
- 1300 ml Wall Extra ISpray attachment, Standard 600 ml spray attachment, 60 cm handle extension, convenient storage case for paint sprayer and accessories
- 0-400 ml/min
- 1300 ml Wall Extra ISpray attachment, 600 ml Standard spray attachment
- 3.5 m
- 4000 mPas - 170 DIN-sec
Accessories of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
Paint for the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
Videos of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
Reviews of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
5 starsWe have spray-painted containers outside. We used two components of well-diluted industrial finish, and the result was very good. This device earned itself back in one day.
Great productFantastic device, I’ve used it for two days in a row, to treat the wood of our carport.
I used glazing paint, and this worked perfectly. Cleaning the nozzle is easy, offers good doses, excellent paint, which was applied evenly. I have treated the wood twice.
I’m very satisfied with the Wagner Universal W890.
But during the second time I was cleaning the device, the blue membrane broke, which is unfortunate. I find this a very vulnerable part, which breaks quickly. So my question is, is this covered by the warranty?
890Everything that had to be done, was done in no time.
Covering surfaces with adhesive tape cost more time.
Even my wife enjoyed herself, she found it easy to work with.
Cleaning cost quite a bit of time. But as a result, the device is all ready for the next job.
Frequently asked questions of the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 HVLP Paint Sprayer
Frequently asked questions
- What types of paint can I spray with the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890?
- Can I use solvent based paint with a paint sprayer?
- How should I dilute the paint, and what mix should I use?
- What is the difference between high volume low pressure and airless technology?
- What are the differences between the Universal Sprayer W 890, Universal Sprayer W 950 and Airless Sprayer Plus?
- I have read a lot about the cleaning of these machines. How long does it take to clean them, and what should I use?
- Do I need to use a lot of masking tape?
- Will everything get covered in paint due to overspray?
- Does a paint sprayer deliver a better result?
- Can I work faster with a paint sprayer?
- Is spray painting difficult?
- Do you deliver the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 ready for use?
- What is included in this set?
What types of paint can I spray with the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890?
The Universal Sprayer W 890 is suitable for all types of lacquer, stain and emulsion paint (solvent and water-based). The sprayer cannot use textured paint.
- Interior wall paint (dispersion paint and emulsion paint).
- Solvent-based and water-soluble lacquers, stains, primers, two-part lacquers, clear lacquers and timber processing products.
Can I use solvent based paint with a paint sprayer?
Yes, you can use solvent based paints as well as water-based paints in a paint sprayer.
How should I dilute the paint, and what mix should I use?
Interior wall paint (dispersion paint and emulsions) may need to be diluted. Most paint can be sprayed without dilution.
Please note, if you are going to dilute the paint, we advise you to start with a ratio of 5% and if necessary increase in increments of 5%.
What is the difference between high volume low pressure and airless technology?
Without going into the technical aspects, we have listed a number of things:
HVLP is characterised by:
- less overspray
- easier cleaning
- easier to work with
- small to medium-sized projects
Airless is characterised by:
- smoother spray pattern
- for large projects
- more robust
- widespread application
- harder to clean
What are the differences between the Universal Sprayer W 890, Universal Sprayer W 950 and Airless Sprayer Plus?
- The Universal Sprayer W 890 has attachments [reservoirs], including a 1-1.5-litre reservoir, that you fill with paint and attach directly to the nozzle. The weight increases the difficulty of painting a ceiling and the reservoir has to be refilled when it runs out. However, the advantage is that you can easily change colours, and the machine has a much wider range of potential applications as it easier to use for all kinds of objects and paints. Also, you get less overspray. The Universal Sprayer 890 is Wagner's best model for small projects.
- The Universal Sprayer W 950 draws paint directly from the paint container, which means you do not have to continually refill a reservoir. This makes it faster to work with the Universal Sprayer W 950 than with the Universal Sprayer W 890. One advantage of the Universal Sprayer W 950 is that you do not have to put in much physical effort because the machine draws paint directly from the container and it has an integrated handle extension. Its flexibility is also increased with the optional wood & metal attachment.
- The Airless Sprayer Plus has an integrated 7.5-litre paint reservoir. Just like the Universal Sprayer W 950, it is easy to paint objects above head height with this machine, further facilitated by its 10 m long hose. Compared to other paint sprayers, the Wagner Airless Sprayer Plus delivers a more even and smoother result. This means the machine is better suited for larger projects. The Airless Sprayer Plus is recommended for for emulsion, lacquer and stain paints.
I have read a lot about the cleaning of these machines. How long does it take to clean them, and what should I use?
Cleaning the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 takes about 10 minutes. Clean the machine with the dilution solution. For water-based paints, simply clean the machine with warm water. Solvent based paints diluted with white spirit should be cleaned with white spirit.
Do I need to use a lot of masking tape?
Mask off the area you are spraying by about 15-20 cm and cover the floor and furniture.
Will everything get covered in paint due to overspray?
There will always be a little overspray when spraying. You should mask off and cover up in much the same way as you would when painting with conventional rollers. It is also important to keep the spray nozzle at a distance of 20 cm perpendicular to the wall for an even coverage.
If you follow this advice, you should not have too many problems with overspray.
Does a paint sprayer deliver a better result?
Definitely! Paint coverage is better and smoother, which provides a very professional looking result. You also need less paint. Wagner states that paint consumption can be reduced by up to 30%.
Can I work faster with a paint sprayer?
This depends on the surface that needs to be sprayed. The actual painting is much faster compared to using a roller, but preparation and cleaning take more time. As a rule of thumb, the tipping point is usually when the object to be painted has a surface area greater than 50 m². If your project is larger than this, you will save time. For complex surfaces, such as beams and corners, you will gain immediate time savings.
Is spray painting difficult?
Paint sprayers are easy to master. It is a fairly simple and convenient way to apply paints, stains and lacquers, especially if you follow the guidelines correctly. That is why it is important to read the instructions for use carefully, and call us if you have any doubts.
Do you deliver the Wagner Universal Sprayer W 890 ready for use?
Yes, the Universal Sprayer W 890 is delivered completely ready for lacquers and emulsion paint.
What does this set include?
- Universal Sprayer W 890, item number: 2361551
- 1300 ml Wall EXTRA I-Spray attachment, item number: 2301746
- 600 ml Standard attachment, item number: 2309365
- 60-cm handle extension, item number: 2361756