Order a package
Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
Package 1: 10% discount on the accessories
Package 2: 20% discount on the accessories
Description of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
- Suitable for wall paints, lacquers and stains
- Draws the paint directly from the paint can
- Ideal for larger paint projects and produces the best result
- Includes extension, three tips and all filters
PROMO: The Wagner ProjectPro 117 is delivered with the following accessories:
- Free 30 cm extension to reach ceilings and high walls (value: £ 79.95)
- 3 tips for the most common lacquers, stains and wall paints (value: £ 150)
- All the filters required to process the various lacquers and paints (value: £ 60)
Concise features of the Wagner ProjectPro 117
- For projects like interior walls, floors and ceilings
- Very versatile for all kinds of jobs in and around buildings
- Super professional spray pattern
- Relatively little overspray
- Can handle most paints undiluted
- Suitable for water and solvent based wood & metal and wall & ceiling paints
- Sturdy construction and more durable than the Airless Sprayer Plus
General features of the Wagner ProjectPro 117
The Wagner ProjectPro 117 is a versatile airless paint sprayer suitable for both consumers and small businesses. Think of renovating a house, garden shed and other large objects. The durability of this paint sprayer is also an excellent advantage. If you clean and maintain the paint sprayer after use, it will go on working for a very long time. It offers excellent operational reliability, which makes it ideal for the small independent handyman. An important feature of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 paint sprayer is that it has a suction hose that draws paint directly from the paint can. This technique means you can paint your walls and gain the best possible results. The 7.5-metre hose allows you to work flexibly. The workload is also lighter because you do not need to carry the paint can. The ergonomic spray gun is made of lightweight durable materials. Please note: you should make sure that the diameter of the paint can is bigger than 6 cm. We recommend a minimum paint container size of 5 litres. The paint sprayer is delivered as a ready-to-spray package for most types of wall paint and lacquer/stain.
The Wagner ProjectPro 117 uses an Airless spraying technique. There are two main paint spraying techniques: Airless and high volume low pressure (HVLP). The most important differences are described below.
The advantages of HVLP compared to Airless:
- Less overspray
- Faster setup and cleaning
- Ideal for small projects
The disadvantages of HVLP compared to Airless:
- Spray pattern is not as smooth as than Airless but still significantly better than brush/roller
- Filled with paint, the attachment can weigh between 1-2 kg
- Not suitable for large wall paint projects (greater than 80 m²)
Examples of interior projects:
Garage doors, garden sheds, fences, gates (wood and metal), maintenance of boat or ship exteriors, metal structures, etc.
Lacquers and glazing paints containing water or solvents. Lacquers, oil-based, solvents, solvent, PVC lacquers, pre-lacquers, primers, fillers and anti-corrosion paints. Interior dispersion paints and emulsion paints.
Contents of the entire package
- 1x 0418030 Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless
- 1x 0418717 PP-05 spray gun
- 1x 0418705 Tip XS (409)
- 1x 0418707 Tip M (515)
- 1x 0418708 Tip L (517)
- 2x 0418713 Filter, XS-S (red)
- 2x 0418713 Filter, M (yellow)
- 2x 0418713 Filter, L-XXL (white)
- 1x 0418719 Hose, 7,5 m, 1/4", yellow
- 1x 0418721 Suction set
- 1x 2306478 30 cm Extension piece
Specifications of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
- G-3 pin, British
- 230 Volt
- Free 30 cm extension to reach ceilings and high walls. 3 tips for the most common lacquers, stains and wall paints. All the filters required to process the various lacquers and paints
- 7.5 m
- 200 bar
- Max. L 517
Accessories of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
Paint for the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
Videos of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
Reviews of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
4 StarsThe paint spray gun works perfectly in combination with the construction market’s own label wall paint, diluted with 5% warm water. You should bring the paint to room temperature.
I tried many of the suggested nozzles, and in the end size L yielded the best result. Not a lot of paint mist, so when covering surfaces adhesive tape with a width of 50 mm is enough. I already had some experience with airless paint spray guns, and this one is excellent. If your device should become clogged, the solution would be to let the nozzle of the spray gun blow through by turning it 180 degrees, but after 40 litres of paint I still haven’t had to do this.
In short, this is a reliable paint spray gun, with more than sufficient capacity. Highly recommendable.
Good ValueAt first I wasn’t satisfied with the result; I still saw strips when the paint was dry. Turned out the paint was too thick for the nozzle, so when I used a 519 nozzle the result was perfectly smooth. I would give other users the tip to first read the instructions that come with their paint.
Frequently asked questions of the Wagner ProjectPro 117 Airless Paint Sprayer
Frequently asked questions
- What types of paint can I spray using the Wagner ProjectPro 117?
- Can I use solvent based paint with a paint sprayer?
- What dilution levels should I use?
- Is the Wagner Project 117 suitable for professional use?
- What is the difference between the ProjectPro 117 and ProjectPro 119?
- I have read a lot about the cleaning of these machines. How long does it take to clean them, and what should I use?
- Do I need to use a lot of masking tape?
- Will everything get covered in paint due to overspray?
- What is the difference between the ProjectPro series and Power Painter series?
- Should I order extra tips?
- How wide is the spray jet?
- Does a paint sprayer deliver a better result?
- Can I work faster with a paint sprayer?
- Is spray painting difficult?
- Do you deliver the ProjectPro 117 ready for use?
- What accessories are included?
What types of paint can I spray using the Wagner ProjectPro 117?
The Wagner ProjectPro 117 is suitable for all types of lacquer, stain and emulsion paint (solvent based and water-based). It cannot be used with textured paint.
- Water and resin-based lacquer and glazing paints
- Lacquers, oils, solvents, solvent, PVC lacquers, pre-lacquers, primers, fillers and anti-corrosion paints
- Interior dispersion paints and emulsion paints
Can I use solvent based paint with a paint sprayer?
Yes, you can use a paint sprayer for both solvent and water-based paints.
What dilution levels should I use?
In principle, lacquers and stains do not need to be diluted (or very little) with a dilution agent. Emulsion paint should always be diluted, but the amount varies by brand and the type of emulsion paint. As a rule of thumb, we use at least 5% dilution liquid and increase until the right spray pattern has been achieved. NOTE: the paint manufacturer often provides a processing procedure. This will give you the exact dilution amounts.
Can I use the Wagner ProjectPro 117 for professional use?
This paint sprayer is suitable both for consumers and professional users. The machine is perfect for furniture manufacturing, home renovation, larger consumer projects, small-scale professional projects, inland shipping, etc.
What is the difference between the ProjectPro 117 and the ProjectPro 119?
The quality of the spray pattern is the same for the ProjectPro 117 and the ProjectPro 119. The hose of the ProjectPro 119 is 15 m long and for the ProjectPro 117 7.5 m long. The spray rate of the ProjectPro 119 is 1.25 litres per minute and for the ProjectPro 117 it is 0.95 litres per minute. As a result of its increased power, the ProjectPro 119 can spray thicker liquids than the ProjectPro 117. Finally, the ProjectPro 119 is mounted on wheels which makes the device mobile and easy to move around.
I have read a lot about the cleaning of these machines. How long does it take to clean them, and what should I use?
Cleaning the Wagner ProjectPro 117 takes about 10-15 minutes. Clean the machine with the dilution solution. For water-based paints, simply flush the machine with warm water; solvent paints diluted with white spirit should be cleaned with white spirit.
Do I need to use a lot of masking tape?
Although the overspray of the ProjectPro 117 is relatively negligible, it is always a good idea to mask off. Mask off the area you are spraying by about 10-15 cm, and cover the floor and furniture.
Will everything get covered in paint due to overspray?
There will always be a little overspray. You should mask off and cover up in much the same way as you would when painting with conventional rollers. It is also important to keep the spray nozzle at a distance of 20 cm perpendicular to the wall for an even coverage. If you follow this advice, you should not have too many problems with overspray.
What is the difference between the ProjectPro series and the Power Painter series?
The Power Painter series is the successor to the ProjectPro series. As far as the motors are concerned, the machines do not differ that much from one another. Design changes may improve the operational reliability of the Power Painter series slightly.
Should I order extra (nozzle) tips?
No, you can paint most types of lacquer, emulsion paint and stain with this set. It is best to just get started so that you can decide whether you need another tip size and assess the right size tip for your project.
How wide is the spray jet?
That depends on the tip you choose: you must multiply the first number of the tip size by five. Therefore, a 519 tip delivers a 25 cm wide spray jet and a 409 tip delivers a 20 cm wide spray jet. Note: this size is calculated for a spray nozzle held 15 cm from the wall.
Does a paint sprayer deliver a better result?
Definitely. Paint coverage is better and smoother and provides a very professional looking result. You also need less paint. Wagner states that paint consumption can be reduced by up to 30%.
Can I work faster with a paint sprayer?
That depends upon the surface that needs to be sprayed. The actual painting is much faster compared to using a roller, but preparation and cleaning takes more time. As a rule of thumb, the tipping point is usually when the object to be painted has a surface area greater than 60 m². If your project is larger than this, you will save time because, when painting complex surfaces such as beams and corners, you will gain immediate time savings.
Is spray painting difficult?
Paint sprayers are easy to master. It is a fairly simple and convenient way to apply paints, stains and lacquers, especially if you follow the guidelines correctly. That is why it is important to read the instructions for use carefully, and call us if you have any doubts.
Do you deliver the ProjectPro 117 ready for use?
Yes, suitable for lacquers, emulsion paint, stains, etc.
What accessories are included?
- 1 x 0418717 Spray gun (without nozzle)
- 1 x 0418713 Filter L - XXL 2 x white
- 1 x 0418711 Filter XS-S 2 x red
- 1 x 0418711 Filter M 2 x yellow
- 1 x 0418719 Spray hose, 7.5 m, 1/4", yellow
- 1 x 0418721 Suction Kit
- 1x 0418705 Tip 409
- 1x 0418705 Tip 515
- 1x 0418705 Tip 517
- 1 x 2306478 30 cm Handle extension